Monday, January 3, 2011

Last Day-Going Home from Lisbon

We were sure that after our nightmare traveling experiences on the 25th, that flying home was going to be no problem----WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!

Our flight was suppose to be at 12:20 so we left the hostel at 10 after breakfast.  When we got to the airport, Lithusana had delayed our flight for 2 hours.  Are you kidding me???  I am NEVER flying with them again.  Positive thoughts, positive thoughts....so our 12:20 flight ended up leaving Lisbon at 2:30 and arrived in Frankfurt at 6:30pm.  We missed our connecting flight to Prague so our next flight wouldn't leave until 9:50.  the last train from Prague to Tabor is at 10:16pm so I would miss that.  Never slept in an airport before, guess there is a first time for everything.

Just as it was getting close to 9:50, we were told that the flight was going to be delayed again.  Our flight wouldn't leave until 11:00pm.  At this point I have spent over 14 hours at the airport or on a plane and I am now quite familiar with the Lisbon and Frankfurt airports.

We arrived in Prague a little after midnight and after we grabbed our baggage we huddled on some benches until we could catch the first train to the Prague train station at 4:16am.  Brock piled some clothes on himself and I watched more of Criminal Minds to pass the time.  After all the time in the airports on the 25th and the time in the airport on the 30th/31st, I watched almost 21 episodes of Criminal Minds.  That is how much time I spent in an airport!!!!

At 4:16 we dealt with the below zero freezing temperature and caught the bus to the train station and I was able to catch the 5:16am train to Tabor.  After getting up at 7am, getting to the airport at 10am, I walked into my flat almost 24 hours later.  I had been awake for 24 hours.  I went to bed and slept til almost 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment